Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Recommendation: Eat Drink Man Woman

Eat Drink Man Woman is such a good movie! I find it so rich of the modern Chinese culture. There are the struggles between the old aged family values and newer ways of living. I can totally see myself in the daughters' shoes at times (okay, many times). My parents are very similar to the father in the movie!

The traditional ways of preparing Chinese meals are really cool. This has been lost, I now see, with all the fast foods (chow mien, fried rice, etc) in America. What I was given to eat does not compare by far to the richness of the culture. Then again, I have been raised with Vietnamese foods =). 

Thank you Netflix for having it available for streaming!

6 comments:

  1. the title does not sound too interesting but i will try to see it based on your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the cover and the name doesn't look good, but it is. Director is Ang Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am willing to bet that the title got you into watching it! =). you're a woman, who likes to eat & drink and love being with your man! tada! am i right? do i win anything? lalala

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that I love to eat, drive and love my man! Loyal follower. Please keep up the great posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish that I got a email or something everytime you post something up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw thank you! you win a prize of Gummy Choco! please leave email for contact =)

    You could subscribe by email. There is a link on the bottom of the comment box.

    ReplyDelete