Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean 4

Lo and I went to watch Pirates of the Caribbean 4 today and it was okay. I enjoyed it, but the missing characters of Elizabeth Swann and Will Turner was a let down. I still wonder why this series of Pirates did not include them. In IMDb, it says the movie went back to the basics and had a lower budget. Its previous series were getting much to big and the stories were getting too complicated. Oren Aviv of Disney said, "I  want to kind of reboot the whole thing and bring it down to its core, its essence, just characters." Then again, the main characters were Sparrow, Swann and Turner so how was this movie really about their essence? I really like the character Captain Jack Sparrow, but to revolve the entire movie around him and adding new characters with love interests did not suit me. I liked it, but I would prefer otherwise.

Overall, I say go see it. Its interesting and pretty neat. The actress who played Angelica was pregnant while shooting the movie. There is a clip at the end of credits that Lo and I did not know of and left the theaters before seeing. Alas!

2 comments:

  1. i like this movie too! it was funny! =D. too bad a lot of characters were missing! still super funny hehe. Johnny Depp is super good at acting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well didn't will turner turn into davy jones at the end of the 3rd one or somethin??

    ReplyDelete