Saturday, August 7, 2010

Book Recommendation: The Crazy School

The Crazy SchoolThe Crazy School by Cornelia Read

This novel is creative and a page turner. I enjoyed it for it's historical references and modern tongue. The characters have potty-mouths, which I found refreshing. Most authors write with civil air so it is nice to read something different once in a while. The main character Madeline Dare is one spunky, wise crack and all at once, a nice chick. The novel is a thriller and as you read the story, the truth gets mixed in with lies and deceit. What is real and what is not? I, myself, found the main twist to be easy to spot. However, it is still a better read than others out there.

As for the cover, after reading the book, it kind of makes sense in a more figurative form. Well, duh.

-------

My current mood: optimistic and scattered
I am optimistic because after having a huge fight with Lo, we are still together and trying to work things out. The scattered part is because I am not sure what I would like to do tomorrow. For one thing, I am craving for something soft and sweet. Maybe a cake would do, but I do not know where to go get it. Should I go downtown? Japantown? Clement street? Or, should I just suck it up because I am trying to lose the weight I had gained over the two years with Lo. We eat out a lot and mom still expects me to eat her food also. So, I have been doing a good job at cutting down my food intake and being really active. I just wonder.. hence, my scattered mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment