Saturday, July 24, 2010

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Breakfast At Tiffany's - Paramount Centennial Collection (Mastered in High Definition) After watching Breakfast at Tiffany's for the first time today, I am in awe with Audrey Hepburn. She managed to bring in class and innocence into a role that suggested otherwise. The most memorable part of the movie was of her singing Moon River. The song is still in my head. I loved how graceful and soft her voice was while singing.




"Moon River, wider than a mile,
I'm crossing you in style some day.
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker,
Wherever you're going I'm going your way.
Two drifters off to see the world.
There's such a lot of world to see.
We're after the same rainbow's end
Waiting 'round the bend,
My huckleberry friend,
Moon River and me."


What peeved me was the projection of Japanese people or Asians for that matter. The movie received a lot of criticism for that, I am sure! However, it was during the time when these things happen a lot: Asian roles played by non Asian actors. The most recent one I can think of is The Last Airbender and thankfully, it does not happen as much now.

I liked the scenes with the cat. It was cute and gave the movie a more homey feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment