Friday, July 23, 2010

Book Recommendation

The Blind Contessa's New Machine by Carey Wallace

Yes folks, I just just finished reading it. What drew me to this book was the cover. I took floral arranging classes before and since then, I am attracted to flowers and plants. Of course, I always read the brief description of any book I pick up to decide if it is worth the purchase. Anyway, this book was very engaging. As I read, each page was dreaded. No, this is not a bad book; by dread, I mean that I was sad to have the story come closer and closer to its end. Though I must admit, the ending felt very interrupted. I did not feel closure upon finishing, however the ending may be true if this were to take place in real life.

Briefly:
Carolina Fantoni was young and extremely beautiful. She managed to hook the most desired suitor. Her life from then on was looking very bright but through her eyes, it was not so. Carolina was going blind. As the reader, we go on the sad journey of seeing less and less. A romance spark between she and her childhood friend. It was he who took her seriously when her parents and fiance did not. He was known as the town's good for nothing inventor. Good for nothing? That may be. However, he invented the first typewriter as a gift for Carolina. Now I will mention: this book is based on a true story. (score!)

I bought mine at Borders for $23.95 and should have bought it at Amazon! Gosh! So I prepared a direct link for those of you who are interested in reading this book. This book is only 204 pages long so it is a very short read. It just came out as I was told by the cashier.

No comments:

Post a Comment